2 steps forward 1 step back.
Today was a tough one. I woke up not feeling well and the day just didn’t go as I wanted it to. I found myself running through the day with my head down just trying to make it through.
Roadblocks happen to everyone and its how you deal with them that determines whether you thrive or flounder. Although I know it is hard to change your attitude when it seems like everything is against you here are some tips that I have found have helped me to stay positive in the face of adversity.
1. Take it easy on yourself- Treat yourself to something nice like a massage.
2. Find a distraction- Do something to get your out of your funk- invite a friend over, go watch a movie or read a book.
3. Listen to your body- Sometimes you just need to move and sometimes you just need to rest. It’s important to listen to cues from your body to avoid injury.
4. Surround yourself with people you love- even if I feel like isolating myself, I find that if I meet up with friends or loved ones, they help lift my mood.
5. Focus on something positive- Even in the most trying times there is still something you can be grateful for, even if it is something as simple as your sight, or your favorite song playing on the radio. Putting your focus on something positive helps put the negativity int he background.
6. Make the best of it- Try to find solutions for what you can. If you put your energy into solving problems, rather than worrying about them, you take power away from them.
That’s what works for me, but I am curious if you have any tips. Let me know!